The model C* transducer is the industry standard in strain-gauge based web tension transducers (sometimes called 'load cells'). Available in three frame sizes and both live-shaft and dead-shaft versions. Dead-shaft Model C Transducers are sealed to protect the inside from dust and water. Recessed seals are protected from damage. Choose from five available mounting styles: "S" (screw mount), "FL" (flange mount), "PB" (pillow block mount), "PFL" (piloted flange mount), "TF" (through-frame mount). These rugged, time-proven transducers have many other features. Download the Model C Tension Transducer Data Sheet for complete details.
Tension Transducers Capabilities
- Dual cantilevered beam for high accuracy
- Load ratings from 10 - 800 lbs (45 - 3560N)
- High Overload capacity to 2,500 lbs (11,125N)
- Available with extended range output (XR) for measuring lower minimum tensions
- When utilized with the iAmp inline amplifier, a 0-10Vdc output is available
- DFE controllers and indicators are available with a Dual Calibration feature for accepting calibration parameters from two sets of tension transducers, allowing users a wider range of tension measurement.
- Measures actual web tension. Eliminates guess work and allows running correct tension consistently.
- Helps reduce or eliminate web breakage, stretching, registration and length problems by making it possible to control tension accurately.
- Sealed from dust and moisture; seals are recessed, blocking access from potential damage.
- Dual cantilever beam provides high strength and accuracy even at low tension.
- Temperature compensated for stable output.
- CE marked. Meets European low voltage (73/23/EEC) and EMC (89/336/EEC) directives.
- Stainless steel and aluminum construction for excellent corrosion resistance.
- All mounting styles can be rotated to any position for precise orientation.
- Built-in compensation for changes in idler shaft length caused by temperature changes and deflection.
- Idler shaft can be removed from transducer without removing transducer from machine on the live (L) SplitCap and dead (D) shaft version.
* The 'C' in model C stands for convertible. When DFE builds one of these transducers, it can be finalized as a dead-shaft style transducer, with a non-rotatable coupling, or as a live-shaft style transducer, with a rotatable shaft coupling.
*CE-marked DFE Transducers are certified to conform with CE Requirements when used as accessories intended for use with CE-marked DFE electronics products (amplifiers, indicators).