Tension Transducers Capabilities
- Measure tension of any narrow ribbon or filament
- Small, versatile and easy-to-install
- Special wheels are available
- Load Ratings from 10 - 150 lbs (45 - 665N) with wide operating range
Ideal for wire, plastic, rubber, metal, glass, composite or other flexible substrate. Three standard wheels available--one for ribbon (specify width), one for filament, or the adapter model for custom requirements. Three mounting styles available: "S" (standard), "FL" (flange), and "PB" (pillow block).
HOW IT WORKS
Tension is measured by high performance strain gages embedded on a dual cantilevered beam and connected in a full wheatstone bridge configuration. As the ribbon or filament passes over a rotating wheel assembly coupled to the end of the transducer, the beam deflects slightly in response to tension. This produces a voltage signal proportional to tension. The RFA transducer mounts cantilevered to a machine frame and may be connected to an indicator or controller for display or automatic control of web tension.
Three standard wheels are available: one for ribbon, one for filament, and an adapter wheel for custom requirements. The three mounting styles available are single bolt, flange, and pillow block.
- Small enough to meet tight space requirements.
- Versatile and easy-to-install.
- Wheel face lengths to 4" maximum.
- High performance design and materials for long life in any web or filament application.
- Load Ratings from 10 - 150 lbs (45 - 667N) with wide operating range.
- Accurate tension measurement of any narrow web, ribbon or filament.
- Improved product quality and consistency from any web or filament process.
- Reduced material waste.
- Higher production with less downtime.