Indicator Comparison Chart (PDF)
The TI27 & TI28 TwinAmp™ dual tension amplifiers provide two independent, isolated tension amplifier circuits on one card, saving your operation space and money. Each TwinAmp™ amplifier powers a pair of tension transducers installed in a web path, supplying a signal output proportional to tension. Standard tension outputs include isolated 0-10 VDC and isolated 4-20 mA for use with a drive, controller or PLC. A 0-1 mA signal is also available for displaying tension on an analog or digital meter, providing monitoring capability for machine operators.
The base card for the TwinAmp™ is an IEC/ANSI/IEEE type 2 plug-in circuit card 6.8" x 3.9" (17.3cm x 9.9cm) for installation in a standard size 3U, 19-inch rack. The device includes a front panel with a pull handle for easy removal.
Each amplifier circuit includes its own Zero and Calibration Quik-Cal™ push buttons, a meter damping adjustment, and LED status lights. The Quik-Cal™ feature makes calibrating the device output over your measurement range simple and fast; while the isolated, digitally-enhanced circuitry ensures drift-free output. The TwinAmp™'s cost is significantly lower than the purchase of two individual tension amplifiers with comparable features.
The only difference between the TI27 and TI28 versions are their power input requirements. The TI27 operates on 115 VAC 60Hz (230 VAC 50Hz is optional), while the TI28 operates on 24 VDC input power.
The TI27 and TI28 indicators are CE-marked. They have been thoroughly tested in all configurations and meet European low voltage and EMC (CE mark) directives.
With the Quik-Cal™ feature, recessed push buttons on the module face are used instead of potentiometers for zero and calibration functions. This saves valuable setup time since no tension display, screwdriver or second person is required to assist. The Zero and Cal settings are stored digitally, ensuring freedom from drift.
• TwinAmp™ improves machine operation and productivity by making it easier to run proper tension, delivering better process control and reductions in waste, web breaks or other web problems
• Savings – Two rack-mountable tension amplifiers on one card save space, installation time, and money
• Simple to setup, adjust and calibrate with Quik-Cal™ technology
• CE-marked – Robust design with integrated isolation and circuit stabilization including noise and surge protection for the most demanding industrial environments
• Unparalleled Output Stability – Drift-free performance even over wide temperature swings
• Backward compatible – Matches dimensional footprint of the TI11 dual tension amplifier, allowing for easy replacement
• 115 VAC 50/60 Hz power input (TI27) or 24 VDC (TI28)
• Isolated Outputs – 0-10 VDC and 4-20 mA outputs proportional to tension
• Tension Meter Output – Separate 0-1 mA signal output for a tension meter
• Meter Damping – Minimizes fluctuation on tension meter output
• Quik-Cal™ push-button zero and calibration eliminates pot adjustments to make calibration simple and fast
• 50:1 Calibration Range
• 10% or 25% Calibration Weight Ratio
• 230 Volt Input (230) – 230 VAC 50/60 Hz power input (TI27 only)
• 25% Calibration Weight (25CW) – Used when 25% of full-scale calibration weight is preferred to the standard 10% calibration weight
• 0-100 mA Tension Meter Output (100M)
• Auto Zero (AZ) – Unit will automatically zero the output on each power up
• Extended Range (XRE) – Extends the tension sensing range of XR-equipped transducers, increasing system sensitivity for very low web tensions
• Plug-In Adapter – For mounting in an enclosure or panel (DFE Part# 143-0000)
• Analog Tension Meter – Available with or without an enclosure
• Digital Tension Meter – 4-digit, LED meter (requires 24 VDC input power)