Data Sheet (PDF)
DXF Drawing (ZIP)
Instruction Manual (PDF)
Net Force Calculator
Coming Soon: The Tension Roll® Ultra (TRU) is an evolution of the time-tested Tension Roll® transducer, delivering additional performance benefits through the utilization of an ultra light, low-inertia roll shell. This improved system excels at accommodating rapid speed changes in printing and converting processes, allowing for gentler web handling characteristics and reduced roll slippage.
A custom length, dead-shaft idler roller with tension sensors (load cells) integrated into each roll end, the Tension Roll® Ultra transducer is ideal for installation on original equipment or for retrofits since it arrives pre-assembled and ready-to-install between the facing sides of a machine frame.
The Tension Roll® Ultra is available in 3 inch diameter with roll face widths ranging from 6 to 40 inches in length. Available load ratings range from 12 to 150 lbs. Special roll surface materials and coatings are also available.
• Load ratings from 12 – 150 lbs (55 – 670 N)
• High overload capacity – up to 880 lbs (3914 N)
• Available with extended range output (XR) for measuring lower minimum tensions
• DFE controllers and indicators are available with a Dual Calibration feature for accepting calibration parameters from two sets of tension transducers, allowing users a wider range of tension measurement
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• 5 year tension-free warranty
• Highly accurate and reliable semiconductor strain gage technology
• Measures actual web tension – eliminates guess work and runs correct tension consistently
• Helps reduce or eliminate web breakage, stretching, registration and length problems by making it possible to control tension accurately
• Dual cantilever sensing beams provides high strength and accuracy even at low tension
• Temperature compensated for stable output
• CE marked – Meets European low voltage (73/23/EEC) and EMC (89/336/EEC) directives
• Stainless steel and aluminum construction for excellent corrosion resistance
Do you need a Tension Roll® transducer with multiple transducer segments across the roll face? DFE makes a custom Tension Roll®, called a Segmented Tension Roll® transducer that measures web tension at multiple positions across the roll face at increments you specify. Find out more here.