Models Ti17C and Ti18C TrueTension Amplifier
The Ti17C indicator powers a tension transducer (or pair of shaft-end mounted transducers) installed in the web path, then adapts the sensor's output signal to provide an isolated 0 to 10Vdc (or optional 4 to 20 mA) signal proportional to tension for a drive, controller or PLC. An additional meter display output is also included for tension readout.
The base unit for the Ti17C is a 3.2" x 5.5" (8.2cm x 14cm) circuit card with no enclosure. This is available in a horizontal mounting (H) configuration including mounting hardware. The vertical (V) configuration includes the card in a semi-enclosed mounting bracket available with or without a DIN-rail clip. An optional cover is available for the V configuration to provide a complete enclosure. The three configurations and the circuit card connector for making external electrical connections are pictured on the front cover.
CE-marking, integrated electrical isolation, package options, ease-of-installation, ease-of-use, and low cost make the Ti17C indicator a natural choice for the OEM or end user seeking value in web tension monitoring or control applications.
The only difference between the Ti17C and the Ti18C indicators is their power input requirements. The Ti17C operates on 115Vac 60Hz (230Vac 50Hz optional) and the Ti18C operates on 24Vdc, power supplied separately.
The Ti17C is CE-marked in its vertical (V) configuration with cover. The Ti18C is CE-marked in all configurations. These units have been thoroughly tested and meet European low voltage and EMC (CE mark) directives.
- Improves machine operation and productivity by making it easier to run proper tension.
- Low-cost component for complete tension measurement or control system.
- Modular package for versatile, flexible mounting and setup.
- Backwards compatible. Packaging dimensional footprint and pinout connections match those of previous Ti17B and Ti18B Tension Indicator designs.
- 115V/230Vac 50/60Hz power input (Ti17C) or 24Vdc (Ti18C).
- Quik-Cal™ push-button zero and calibration making calibrating simple and fast.
- Auto Zero on power up.
- 0 to 10Vdc or 4 to 20mA isolated outputs.
- 0 to 1 mA output for a tension meter.
- CE-marked. The Ti17C in its full enclosure, and the Ti18C in all configurations.
- Meter damping adjustment. Minimizes meter fluctuation. (Used with optional tension meter).
- Dual Calibration. Allows settings for two transducer calibration ranges.
Note: TheTi17C replaces all previous generations of the model Ti17 amplifier/ indicator including the Ti17A and Ti17B.