One F transducer mounts under the pillow block bearing at each end of the roll shaft. Designed for use in demanding tension measurement environments, the F transducer shell has a single-piece aluminum base with a removable stainless steel top plate. A rubber seal between the base and top plate prevents water intrusion or other contamination. The transducer’s electrical connector is located at the end of a short cable for simpler access during installation.
The F series transducers supersede the former UPB style tension transducers.
The F transducer is available in a V (vertical) configuration for use when the applied force is roughly perpendicular to the top plate of the transducer. It is also available in an H (horizontal) configuration for use when the applied force is oriented more parallel to the transducer top plate. The F transducer mounts on a stable machine frame surface using one bolt (size 2), or two bolts (size 3) on each end.
The F transducer is available in two sizes. Load ratings range to 1200 lbs in the size 2 and 5000 lbs. in the size 3.
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel and aluminum construction.
- Attached cable with amphenol connector.
- Tethered top plate safety feature prevents separation from transducer in the unlikely event of beam breakage.
- Robust overload protection. Load stops limit beam deflection to 125% of rated output.
- Designed to meet CE mark requirements for Measurement & Control equipment: EN61326 for EMI.
- Designed to meet the IP 65 standard for ingress protection.
- Low-maintenance design.
- Entire length of top plate is clear for pillow block installation.
- Can be installed in any orientation.
- Mechanical stop provides protection from overloads.
- Splash resistant.
- Use with live-shaft or dead-shaft idler rolls.
- Drill and Tap (D&T). Drill and tap the top plate.
- Extended Range output (XR). Produces twice the output signal for a given load rating. Must be used with electronics having extended range option.
- Oversized Top Plate (OTP). For mounting of oversized pillow block bearing
- Permanently Attached Cable with Tinned Leads (PT). Instead of cable connector.
Note: Some people refer to tension transducers as load cells. That's okay.