Tension Controller Capabilities
- Low-cost, automatic tension controller
- Installs quickly and easily
- Use on unwind or rewind tension zones
- Controls electric or pneumatic clutches and brakes
D - 0-10 VDC compensated output for use with adjustable speed DC and AC drives. The output is electrically isolated for compatibility and reliability. Used in all tension zones; unwind, rewind and intermediate.
V - 0-90 VDC output. For use in all types of electrical brakes and clutches, including eddy current clutches. Also available with 24 and 45 VDC output. Commonly used in the unwind or rewind zones.
P - 0-75 psi output for use with pneumatic clutches and brakes. Most commonly used in the unwind and rewind zones. System includes internal air filter and regulator (80-120 psi input pressure).
- Reduces product waste, web breakage, registration inaccuracy and stretching problems.
- Installs quickly and simply.
- Operates over a wide range of tensions with automatic or manual control.
- Facilitates operation with push-button, front panel controls and analog tension meter.
- Features modular component design for easy upgrade.
- 115 Volts, 60 Hz Power Input
- Outputs including 0-75 psi pneumatic, 0-90 Vdc, 0-10Vdc, and a 4-20mA secondary output control signal.
- Auto/manual control modes
- Auto/Manual tension set pots.
- Emergency stop feature
- Tension Meter Damping - no vibration of needle
- Soft start capability - activated by low tension or external contact
- Status Lights - show activity of functions
- Analog tension meter
- Tension Limit Switch - Relay activates at a pre-set adjustable trip point. Can be used as a web break detector.