Tension Control Questions and Answers
- Who can I contact for assistance at DFE?
- Why tension control? How do I know when I need tension control on a machine?
- Where on my machine would I use Dover's tension controls?
- What is the Extended Range option? When would we use it?
- Open loop vs closed loop tension control. What's the difference?
- SteadyWeb5™ or EasyWeb™ Controller? Which is right for me?
- What about tension controllers and data acquisition for tracking tension changes over time?
- is Quik-Cal™ and How do I use it?
- Can DFE tension transducers be used in a vacuum environment?
Technical Questions about Specific Products
- How do DFE's Silencer Pads work?
- The digital meter on my SteadyWeb tension controller is steady when tension is applied and the web is stopped, but when running the web the meter fluctuates rapidly through a wide range. What is happening? Can I adjust to correct the problem?
- In manual mode my SteadyWeb 12P can have tension set to 145 pounds. When I switch to Auto mode and turn the tension knob fully clockwise I can only get up to 100 pounds. What's wrong?
- How do I tell if taper tension is needed on my rewind?
- How do I set (and read) the DIP switches on my DFE tension controllers?