The Low Tension Transducer is often used in filament, fiber, ribbon and wire processing applications that require tension control at very low levels.
The LT Transducer is available in either a stackable housing configuration or a threaded housing (M36 x 4) with two locking jam nuts. The threaded housing installs easily into a hole on your machine frame. Its locking nut system allows force direction to be changed by simply loosening the nuts and adjusting the transducer to a desired position.
Standard Low Tension Transducer wheels are lightweight, hard-coat anodized aluminum. They are durable, low inertia and fitted with instrument grade ball type bearings with shields to prevent entry of contaminants. The LT transducer may also be purchased without a wheel for customers who prefer their own design.
HOW IT WORKS
The Low Tension Transducer is an electro-mechanical sensor device that converts filament or ribbon tension into a DC voltage proportional to tension. The voltage output can be amplified in external electronic circuitry and displayed as actual tension on an analog or digital meter in pounds, ounces, grams, kilograms or newtons. LT Transducer output can also be fed to a DFE automatic tension controller to control tension in a closed-loop.
• Two mounting styles: threaded bolt or stackable
• Special wheels are available
• Loading ratings from 50g to 2000g (2 oz to 4.4 lbs)
• 5 year tension-free warranty
• Highly accurate and reliable semiconductor strain gage technology
• Six load ratings, from 50 grams to 2000 grams
• Aluminum construction
• Choice of filament wheel, ribbon wheel, or stationary pin
• Two mounting styles – stackable or threaded (through-hole)
• High output provides resistance to electrical noise
• Strong construction
• Use with any DFE tension indicator or controller
• Helps reduce waste and improve quality and productivity
• Compact size allows transducer to fit into small spaces
• Low cost
• Ultra-low break-away torque (1.5 g-cm or 0.02 oz-inches) means no sliding or scratching of filament on wheel
• Stackable – several transducers fit into a small space
• Two mounting styles to fit any application
• Measures very low tension accurately