The TA1 TrueTension™ Amplifier is a compact, single-channel tension transducer interface. It can be used with DFE tension transducers (load cells) to monitor tension in any zone of web or filament processing machinery.
DFE’s Quik-Cal™ push-button zero and calibration eliminates pot adjustments and associated drift to make calibrating the TA1 simple, fast and reliable. Powered by 24 VDC, the amplifier boosts a millivolt-level tension signal from the tension transducer (load cell) and outputs an isolated 0-10 VDC and 4-20 mA proportional signal to a PLC, drive or display meter.
Built-in diagnostic capability quickly identifies faulty load cells, incorrect wiring, calibration issues and amplifier ADC/DAC failure. The compact size and ease-of-installation make the TA1 amplifier a natural choice for the OEM or end user seeking value in web tension monitoring or control applications.
• Powered by 24 VDC
• Quik-Cal™ push-button zero and calibration enables rapid startup
• Simultaneous 0-10 VDC and 4-20 mA isolated outputs
• Operating status LED
• Built-in diagnostic capability
• Remote zero and calibration
• Dual calibration function provides the ability to toggle two calibration ranges
• User configurable DIN rail or screw mounting
• Industry-leading 5 year tension-free warranty
• Interoperable with standard or extended range (XR) transducers
• UL Listed to Canada and US standards
• Improves machine operation and productivity by making it simple and economical to run proper tension
• Low-cost, high-quality device for reliable stand-alone tension measurement or use with advanced closed-loop control systems
• Built-in diagnostic capability reduces troubleshooting time and frustration
• Flexible signal output and mounting options