The iAMP2™ digital signal amplifier scales millivolt-level transducer (load cell) output to 0-10 VDC and 0-1 mA signals proportional to tension. The scaled output signals can interface with a drive, PLC, data logger or display meter.
The iAMP2™ module is a simple alternative to mounting larger, less flexible electronics devices on a press or machine frame for tension monitoring. Because it is easily hidden, the iAMP2™ is an ideal tension amplifier for OEMs and system integrators.
The iAMP2™ connects in one of two ways to the transducer(s) and to your PLC, drive or other control device. Connections from tension transducers to the iAMP2™ can be made directly via cables with standard industrial connectors ('C' wiring configuration) or with flying leads ('T' wiring configuration).
With the Quik-Cal™ feature, recessed push buttons on the module face are used instead of potentiometers for zero and calibration settings. This saves valuable setup time since no tension display is needed, no screwdriver is needed and no second person is needed to assist. The Zero and Cal settings are stored digitally, preventing signal inaccuracies synonymous with aging or worn out cal pots.
• 0-1 mA meter output proportional to tension
• 0-10 VDC tension signal output
• Quik-Cal™ push-button zero and calibration
• Field-retrofittable to all DFE transducers
• Small package ensures application flexibility
• Inline form factor can be stowed in cable tray or mounted to a DIN rail
• XRE Extended Range option – for increased sensitivity at lower load
• Optional DIN-rail mounting clip