Ultimate performance and robust reliability set the Tension Roll® Transducer apart from other sensing solutions on the market. A dead-shaft idler roller with tension sensors (load cells) integrated into each roll end, the Tension Roll® transducer is ideal for installation on original equipment or for retrofits since it arrives pre-assembled and ready-to-install between the facing sides of a machine frame.
With the TR transducer the engineering time required to size the unit to the machine frame prior to installation is significantly lower than installing standard shaft-end load cells or tension transducers onto an idler roll. A consolidated connector allows cable runs to be reduced to a single side of the machine frame, further simplifying installation.
For web presses and machines that run an extreme range of materials and tensions, the Tension Roll® transducer can be mounted in a pair of Model C shaft-end tension transducers. This allows one range of tension to be measured by the Tension Roll® sensors, while a higher load range can be measured using the externally-mounted tension transducers. This feature is convenient in the rare cases when a machine's tension range exceeds the 100:1 maximum-to-minimum tension ratio of DFE's extended range option.
Tension Roll® transducers are available in three (3) standard roll materials including aluminum, steel or stainless steel. Special roll surface materials and coatings are also available.
Available roll face widths range from from 6 inches to 120 inches in length, able to fit most application requirements. Roll diameters from 2.25 inches (57mm) to 6 inches (152mm) are standard. Diameters larger than 6 inches can be special-ordered.
• Load ratings from 12 – 400 lbs (55 – 1,800N)
• High overload capacity – up to 3,000 lbs (13,300N)
• Available with extended range output (XR) for measuring lower minimum tensions
• DFE controllers and indicators are available with a Dual Calibration feature for accepting calibration parameters from two sets of tension transducers, allowing users a wider range of tension measurement
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• 5 year tension-free warranty
• Highly accurate and reliable semiconductor strain gage technology
• Measures actual web tension – eliminates guess work and runs correct tension consistently
• Helps reduce or eliminate web breakage, stretching, registration and length problems by making it possible to control tension accurately
• Dual cantilever sensing beams provides high strength and accuracy even at low tension
• Temperature compensated for stable output
• CE marked – Meets European low voltage (73/23/EEC) and EMC (89/336/EEC) directives
• Stainless steel and aluminum construction for excellent corrosion resistance
Note of Interest: The TR Tension Roll® Transducer is also referred to by some of our customers as the Dover Roller, the Tension Roller and sometimes the Tension Measurement Roller. Any way you like it, this is the easiest way for printers and manufacturers to measure web tension on a press, converting line or coating line.
Do you need a Tension Roll® transducer with multiple transducer segments across the roll face? DFE makes a custom Tension Roll®, called a Segmented Tension Roll® transducer that measures web tension at multiple positions across the roll face at increments you specify. Find out more here.