As an integral part of a high-performance unwind package, the 60 Series Brake
delivers the appropriate torque level needed for a particular application by allocating actuation of the appropriate number of cylinders, from one up to six. The term '60 Series’ is derived from ‘6’ – the brake diameter in inches, and our use of a second digit to signify the number of cylinders that are installed on the brake.
The 60 Series brake is the ideal low-cost pneumatic brake for low torque applications and for unwind stations on smaller presses and converting machinery.
To see if a brake in the 60 Series is the right size for your application please note its torque range listed below and review the 60 Series Brake section of DFE’s full Brake Catalog for detailed sizing information, options and accessories.
• Disc/Hub Inertia: 2.54 Slug-in2
• Max. Torque: 1,010 lb-inches
• Disc/Hub Weight: 9.1 lbs
• Max. Ship Wt.: 22.5 lbs
• Min. Shaft Length: 4.6 in
OPTIONS & ACCESSORIES
• Non-Standard Key (NSK) – For shafts having a different sized key other than the standardized ones usually used (option)
• Mounting Plate – Flat plate for mounting the brake and guard if used
• Metric Mounting Bolt – Metric mounting bolts for the actuators
• Guard – Safety device to prevent people or objects from touching brake when in motion or hot
• Guard Blocks – Allows installation of guard without mounting plate
• Valve Assembly – Controls air supply for actuators