The TI18C TrueTension™ amplifiers are devices that power a tension transducer (or a pair of shaft-end mounted transducers) installed in a web or filament path. The transducer return signal is scaled to provide a proportional, isolated 0-10 VDC or 4-20 mA output to a PLC, drive or display meter.
The base unit for the TI18C is a 3.2" x 5.5" (8.2cm x 14cm) circuit card with no enclosure. This is available in a horizontal mounting (H) configuration including mounting hardware. The vertical (V) configuration includes the card in a semi-enclosed mounting bracket available with or without a DIN-rail clip. An optional cover is available in the V configuration to provide a complete enclosure.
The TI18C operates on 24 VDC, is CE-marked in all configurations and has been thoroughly tested to meet European low voltage and EMC (CE mark) directives.
TI18C is UL-listed in the USA and Canada. Canadian UL-listing requires full enclosure versions (i.e. with covers).
• Improves machine operation and productivity by making it easier to run proper tension
• Low-cost component as part of a complete tension measurement or control system
• Modular package for versatile, flexible mounting and setup
• Backward compatible – dimensional footprint and pin-out connections match those of previous TI18B tension amplifier designs
• 24 VDC input power
• Quik-Cal™ push-button zero and calibration
• Auto Zero on power up
• 0-10 VDC or 4-20 mA isolated outputs
• 0-1 mA output for a tension meter
• Meter damping adjustment minimizes meter fluctuation when used with optional tension meter
• Dual Calibration provides the ability to toggle two transducer calibration ranges
Note: The TI18C replaces all previous generations of the model TI18 amplifier/indicator including the TI18 and TI18B.